Number of Total Cables Enter how many total cable connections you will need for your project.
Number of Wallplates Enter how many total wallplates you will need for your project. The wallplate is the rectangular plate on the wall that has the computer connectors in it.
Building Type Are you in a modern office building? Or is this a home project? NOTE: Old residential style offices are considered residential projects.
Type of Cable Cat5e is still the most common cable choice. But Cat6 will give you 1gb+ speeds and is more future-proof.
Rack Type needed? Smaller jobs use a simple wall-mounted rack. Bigger jobs have a floor mounted rack because they can hold more equipment.
Do you need a Low Voltage Permit? If you need (or already have) a Building Permit, you will also need a Low Voltage Permit.


Leave a Reply