Part 2 will continue discussing Application Requirements.
Importance of User Expectation
Networks or IT technologies that are unable to achieve a satisfactory level user expectation or QoE (quality of experience) will be considered to have failed meeting an important business goal. As a result, they will be considered a cost, rather than tools that allow a business to succeed.
A network’s design must take into account how a satisfactory level of user experience will be attained. From the point of view of a user, QoE when utilizing services and applications will determine their level of satisfaction.
The deployment of services and applications before taking into account their features and network requirements will result in a failure to achieve business goals.
To illustrate, a financial services company that wants to provide a video communication application to their customer service representatives, but fails to secure enough bandwidth, will likely frustrate their reps and displease their customers when calls are dropped or interrupted because of excessive latency. Thus, their corporate goal of differentiating themselves from their competitors will be a failure until they meet the network requirements of the application.
Evaluation of Application Requirements
Network designers should keep in mind their responses to the key questions below for the evaluation of application requirements:
- What are the application’s features and characteristics?
- What is the length of time the application needs to reset its session or state after losing connectivity?
- What is the amount of network traffic that is required by the application?
- How important is the application to the organization and what is the service level it will require to function properly?
- For its compliance with industry regulations and company security polices, will the application have separation requirements?
Progressive Office Cabling
Founded in 1986, Progressive Office’s success has been a direct result of years of commitment to seeking solutions on behalf of our clients in the Washington, D.C. and New York City areas. Efficiently working together, Progressive teams get cabling installed and operating as fast as possible while minimizing disruption and downtime. Call our toll free number (800) 614-4560 today.